Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I May Never Be The Same

SPOILER WARNING

Oh. My. God. I just finished watching Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle Tokyo Revelations OVA and my hands are still shaking. It was freaking AWESOME!!!!!! I mean wow. At one point mom asked what I was watching and laughed because I was treating it so intensely. I mean I had to go to my room and wait for her to stop laughing. After I yelled at her, "It's not funny!!!!" That made her laugh harder. I was very, very, very annoyed.

Again, oh my god! That thing was so intense. When you find out about the Syaoran/clone/heart thing. It was as intense as when I was reading the chapters in the TRC manga about Fai/Yuui/Asura. Oh, my hands were shaking then too. I think while watching Tokyo Revelations I started crying at one point- or several points. When Sakura has to kill the mutants to get the glowing orb to pay Yuuko and she got hurt and was talking about selfish desires- so sad.

What really got me was when the S Clone (that's his abreviation for me) took Fai's eye, I was clutching the chair so hard it hurt. Yes, I'm a Fai fangirl, so sue me. I really liked the vampire mix as well. And when Fai was dying and was telling them to let him die so the power of his eye that's in S Clone's head would die too. I just about burst into tears, but I kept them quiet. Then Kurogane desides he will become Fai's E to save Fai's life I was ready to dive into the screen and kiss everyone there.

There were some funny parts too. Such as when they kill the mutants and say they're good for eating, Mokona freaks out because one of the younger teens called him a mutant. "Ahh, Mokona was called a mutant earlier, will you eat Mokona too?" Or something like that. Actually, that was the only funny part.

I was suprised by the seriousness Fai let himself fall to. However, the voice actor played it well and CLAMP (the creators) when they wrote this did an excellent job of making sure the seriousness still fit Fai's character. You could tell, expecially when he's explaining it to Yuuko, that Fai is not an originally happy person. Of course I already knew this from the manga.
In the comment box a lot of people did not like the fact that the Syaoran that we all know and love was a clone.

Well, I just wanted to share this with you and I guess, bye for now.

P.S. I love Tsubasa Chronicle!!!!!!!!




I thought this picture really encompasses the end of Tokyo Revelations. The Syaoran in the front is the real one. You can tell because both his eyes are brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment