Saturday, February 19, 2011

I've Been Promoted . . .

. . . from water to ginger ale. Yes folks, I'm sick. Some of you may have heard about mom being ill the past few days, well, now it's moved on to me. I hope it doesn't stay too long and I don't think it will seeing as I got my flu shot. Anyway, illness consists of major headache that medicine only reduces and a general "poo" feeling. Though I am feeling better now after a nap and two cups of water and lunch.

Well, how has everyone been? It's been a long time since I've posted anything.

-Awkward silence in writing-

Well, I placed fourth in the Math Counts competition. There are either 28 or 32 people competing. It's four from all the Bavaria district schools so I'm not sure. We had our awards ceremony at school on Thursday. I received an award from two of my favorite classes for once. I was really happy! I had to memorize a lot of speeches but they were pretty easy. Except the foreign language speech.

This semester I have a class called Humanities. In a nut shell: it teaches you how to give good speeches. As if I couldn't do that already from the billion and one speeches I do for NJHS every year. Though it is really fun, right now we're practicing Dr. Seuss books to read them to the kindergartners. We also have to create a game. I made a board game that is kind of like Candyland only without the cards. My book is The Lorax. My favorite Dr. Seuss book! When I saw it I snatched it up and claimed it as mine immediately. Of course I looked at the other books after that but I wasn't going to choose anything besides The Lorax.

~Ren

No comments:

Post a Comment